The Media Association of Pittsburgh Scholarship (formerly known as the Michael Wolff Scholarship) provides a monetary reward to underwrite a college/university undergraduate degree in careers of media related majors including advertising, communications, marketing, public relations or related fields.
Every year, MAP provides two scholarships in the amount of $2,000 to two students (one pers student) seeking a future in our field.
We are honored to award one of the scholarships in memory of Mary Beth Beggy. Her impact on the media community through professional & personal relationships, embodies the level of character that we seek for the MAP Scholarship.
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Media Association of Pittsburgh Scholarship!
2020 scholarship nominations will be open from January 15, 2020 through March 1, 2020. The winners will be awarded scholarships at our cornerstone event, the Outstanding Achievement in Media Awards in on April 17, 2020.
To be eligible, students must:
- Include all the information (must be typed) required for application
- Reside and/or attend school in the Pittsburgh DMA
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Demonstrate an academic interest or talent in field of study relevant to a career in radio, TV or a related media profession
Include with your application:
- A transcript of your personal academic records, including your latest available semester.
- An academic recommendation from two faculty members familiar with your scholastic ability.
- A brief essay, written as letter, explaining what qualities you possess that make you qualified to receive a scholarship.
- Your current resume as you would present it to an employer.
The Media Association of Pittsburgh Scholarship Award Committee will review all applications and select the ideal candidates for the scholarships.
For any inquires and/or to submit your application, email email@example.com