Annually, the Media Association of Pittsburgh recognizes outstanding individuals in the communications industry in the areas of radio, television, OMNI & agency/allied fields. In order to nominate someone in any category, you must meet each of the following criteria:
- Only current MAP members may submit nominations.
- Nominees do not have to be MAP members.
- Nominations can be made in any (or all) of six categories: radio, television, OMNI (Outdoor, Magazine, Newspaper and Internet), agency/allied, Thomas J. MacWilliams Lifetime Achievement and the Art Stein Memorial Award.
- Recipients may be honored only one time in a specific category.
- Nominations should be accompanied by a brief description (500 word maximum) of the nominee’s achievements in that specific category.
- Nominees should be individuals only. No companies, groups or families will be considered for these awards.
Congratulations to the prior recipients of these awards.
Click on the drop down to see prior winners and then click on the form buttons to nominate a candidate for the 2017 OAMAs
Thomas J. MacWilliams Lifetime Achievement Award
The Thomas J. MacWilliams Lifetime Achievement award is a posthumous award designed to honor those who were not honored in the past by the MAP-OAMA in Radio, Television, Agency/Allied or OMNI. Previous Art Stein awardees are eligible for this award. The family of the honoree for the Thomas J.MacWilliams award may choose the presenter and the person accepting the award. The award is named after the founder of the PRTC, now the Media Association of Pittsburgh.
Bob Prince, Florence H. Rudov, Marie Torre, Rege Cordic, Jack Fleming, David Crantz, Josie Carey, Michael Wolff, Art Pallan, R.D. Summers, Don Brockett, Mary Dudley, Damian Davila, Yvonne Zanos, Paul Shannon
Art Stein Memorial Award
The Art Stein Memorial Award was established by the Board of Directors in 1990 and is given to those who have made notable contributions in furthering the goals and objectives of the Club. This award is dedicated to Art, whose tireless contributions will always be remembered.
David Crantz, Paul Kress, Jack D’Amico, Richard Wolk, Roger Rafson, John Longo, Duncan Jameson, Maureen Durkin, Jeffrey Martin, Lois Elder, Bill Blume, Marsha Gavula, Michael Wolff, Morry Feldman, Paige Beal, Rebecca Lamperski, Michael Hills, Jimmy Kennedy, Julie Smith, Renee Previty, Judy Bernstein, Tim McLaughlin, Christy Rodibaugh
Nomination FormNominate a candidate for the 2017 OAMAs